When we started this blog, we weren’t aware of other blogs already in existence which answered the many questions raised by then fellow Defenders. In all honesty, we might have come across them in the past but like most of you, we had chosen to tune them out. Instead, our stubborn ears itched to hear stories shared by other Defenders, especially those of the “Breaking News” kind. We found amusement in memes and catchy phrases intended to ridicule OWE ministers or members. We shed tears over posts describing the “sufferings” of those at 36TS. We were fired up by the spirited rhetoric of those who were leading the charge to restore our beloved Church. And oh, how taken were we by the charm and persuasive eloquence of Defender ministers who fed our souls with assurances of salvation even though we were expelled.
As we fast forward to the present, we realize how our own stubbornness has made us blind. Not only did we bite on the proverbial apple, we swallowed it whole. As we now strive to rid ourselves of the remaining vestiges of shame resulting from our own gullibility, we’ve begun to rebuild ourselves. We have passed the stage of berating ourselves. In defeat, we admit our mistake, our stupidity, our frailty.
We put our fate now in the hands of the Lord. His worthless and ungrateful prodigal sons and daughters have finally returned. May He not turn His face from us but accept us once again in His loving embrace. As we seek the compassion and forgiveness of our Executive Minister, Bro. Eduardo V. Manalo, may the Lord touch his kind heart and accept us once again into the fold.
Those among us who are not expelled tell us that whenever they attend worship service these days, tears roll down their cheeks as soon as they take their seat. Whereas before, they couldn’t feel anything anymore and their minds wander throughout the sermon, now, they thirst for God’s words, participate in hymn singing and gladly give their share of offerings. Though they were not expelled, they feel they have come home for good.
Our dear Defenders, we each have a story to tell. We’ve all had our share of suffering. We need to look past that now and decide what to do with the rest of our lives. We have to be smart. Our salvation is at stake. We all believe in the Church. We acknowledge we need it to be saved. So why don’t we listen to the audio recordings of our beloved former Executive Minister, Bro. Erano G. Manalo. Let him refresh our memories. Let his words seep deep within us. Let us absorb every word. Feel his love. Feel God’s invitation. Together, let us return to the Lord.
- Huwag kayong aalis sa Iglesia ni Cristo (Do not leave the Church of Christ) by Shield of Faith – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=543328229210663&id=493193814224105 with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=543643132512506&id=493193814224105
- Ang tunay na Iglesia ni Cristo ay nakatala (A true Church of Christ member is registered) by Shield of Faith – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=544122122464607&id=493193814224105 with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=544134705796682&id=493193814224105
- Kaya tayo ipinasok sa Iglesia para makamtan natin ang karapatang maligtas (Remain within the Church) by Shield of Faith – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=545758208967665&id=493193814224105 with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=400933356914258&id=100009927913814
- Ang kahalagahan ng pagkakatala sa Iglesia (The importance of being registered in the Church) by Shield of Faith – https://m.facebook.com/story.php? story_fbid=549167518626734&id=493193814224105
For additional reference, please consider this blog. It contains no-nonsense and direct-to-the-point responses to lies and allegations against the Church in social media. We found it extremely helpful in our quest for the real truth, not the lie fed to us by our Defender leaders. https://johnkmagaling.wordpress.com/
We found the following articles to be effective eye-openers, refuting deceptive claims and false doctrines invented by Defender leaders. The authors rely on Scripture, as taught by Brothers Felix Manalo and Erano Manalo.
- Ang paggamit ng mga tiwalag ng Isaiah 1:8-9 (The expelled disserters’ use of Isaiah 1:8-9) by Bro. Bobby Fernandez – https://bobbyfernandezblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/21/ang-paggamit-ng-mga-tiwalag-sa-isaias-18-9-ay-lalong-nagpapatunay-ng-kanilang-pagtalikod-sa-aral-ng-diyos-na-itinuro-ng-sugo-at-ng-kapatid-na-erano-g-manalo/ with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=559636667579819&id=493193814224105
- Ang kamalian ng mga nagsasabing tunay pa rin daw silang kaanib sa INC kahit na sila’y tiwalag na rito (The Falsehood of those claiming that are still members of the COC though they have been expelled from it) by Bro. Bobby Fernandez – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=533673336842819&id=493193814224105 with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://bobbyfernandezblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/the-falsehood-of-those-claiming-that-they-are-still-members-of-the-church-of-christ-though-they-have-been-expelled-from-it/
- Nakapagtataka ba? (Is it surprising: On why some of those expelled will not be able to return to the Church) by Shield of Faith with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=426342464373347&id=100009927913814
- Maglalagay ba ang Diyos ng Pamamahala sa mga natiwalag (Will God appoint an Administration for the expelled) – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=422668081407452&id=100009927913814 by Bro. Bobby Fernandez with English translation by Bro. Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=423376651336595&id=100009927913814
- Walang kaanib na hindi nakatala (No member of the Church is not in the Church registry) – https://incphalanx.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/walang-kaanib-na-hindi-nakatala/ with English translation by Marlex Cantor – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=397993430541584&id=100009927913814
- Sagot sa paratang ni Jun Samson na nasira na raw ang Iglesia ngayon by Bro. Joe Ventilacion – https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210859513100559&set=pcb.10210859520260738&type=3&theater